Tuesday, February 05, 2008


Just in case anyone has any doubts, or is in danger of being suckered in by their slick marketing, let me repeat once more, VIRGIN MEDIA ARE CRAP.

Being too far from my local BT exchange to be able to get fast broadband over a BT line, I'm stuck with these greedy incompetents. I was with Telewest for 5 years, who were fine, but after getting taken over by Virgin Media, technical support is now on a premium line number and their performance is lowest of all the major service providers. Worst of all is getting cut back to 25% of the advertised download and upload speeds for 5 hours every night. This seems to happen as soon as my upload speed goes over 256Kb regardless of whether anything is downloading. (I'm paying an extra 10 quid a month for a measley additional 128Kb upload which is really needed).

There are better suppliers out there. If you have the choice, use it!

No comments: